Well, I made it!
Made it past the first week, which is the first step.
I had a total of 5 workout days and 2 active rest days, which will be the same this week.
Overall I’m feeling pretty great! I’m happy with the commitment that I have made and I am still willing to see it through and excited to see the results.
Some things I need to think about and can take away from week one are:
- Consider doing morning cardio sessions on the active rest days
- Think about alternative exercise options other than running, like yoga or cycling for example
- Go to bed early! It is essential to get at least 7 – 8 hours sleep for a full recovery
- As part of this workout regime, it is acceptable to have two cheat meals/week – these need to be scheduled, and it’s not an excuse to pig out!
- Also think about doing a food shop online to save time
- Cut out alcohol.
So there are some things to take away already and quite a lot to think about. Of course, the website BodyBuilding.com has been a great resource so far and I’m continuing to learn more every day.
The Workout (Legs & Abs)
- Machine leg press
- Machine leg extension
- Machine leg curls
- Barbell dead lift
- Single leg dumbbell calf raise
- Lying bench curl
- Hanging leg raises
Quite a tough workout today so I spent a bit of extra time stretching at the end. Adding abs to every workout day is still under consideration.